Umaru Musa Yar’adua University (UMYU) Katsina wishes to inform the general public that the National Universities Commission has approved for the establishment of fourteen (14) new programmes in the university as follows:
- Medicine and Surgery (MBBS.)
- Forestry and Wildlife Management (B. Forestry)
- Integrated Science (B.Sc. (Ed.))
- Business Studies Education (B.Sc. (Ed.))
- Primary Education Studies (B.A. (Ed.))
- Early Childhood Education (B.A. (Ed.))
- Special Education (B.A. (Ed.))
- Computer Science Education(B.Sc. (Ed.))
- International Relations (B.Sc.)
- Environmental Management (B.Sc.)
- Local Government and Developmental Studies (B.Sc.)
- Meteorology (B.Sc.)
- Agricultural Science B. Agric)
- Fisheries and Aquaculture (B. Fisheries)
Accordingly, the university wishes to invite qualified candidates who sat for the year 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and who wish to be considered for admission into any of the programmes listed above to make (UMYU) their first choice institution and choose the relevant course. Candidates who have successfully chosen UMYU as first choice for any of the courses should register for post UTME immediately via the university website www.umyu.edu.ng.
Please note that candidates applying for the MBBS programme through the year 2021 UTME should be indigenes of Katsina State who must have scored not less than 200 in the 2021 UTME.
Candidates who registered for the year 2022 UTME or Direct Entry can also apply for change of institution/course through JAMB and their application will be considered at the appropriate time.
All candidates are to note that they may be subjected to post UTME Aptitude Test/Screening and are advised to be checking the university’s website for updates.
Interested applicants are hereby advised to ensure that they meet the minimum requirements; including cut off marks for their programme of choice. Information regarding the requirements for each programme is available on the website.