Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, formerly known as Katsina State University, was established under the Katsina State Law No.7 of September, 2006. The Katsina State University was conceived to serve as a nucleus for socio-economic, technological and political development of the State by producing highly skilled human resource through conventional face-to-face and distance learning modes. It is the hope and aspiration of the Government and people of Katsina State to establish, nurture and develop a World Class University driven by modern Information and communication technology (ICT) culture. The University commenced academic programmes in January, 2007 at a temporary site located at Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic, Katsina.

The Katsina State House of Assembly on April 08 2009 passed a Law that changed the name of the University from Katsina State University to Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina. The renaming was in honour of the then immediate past State Governor and the then President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’adua. The present permanent site, a land of 1029.33 hectares along Dutsin-Ma Road, Katsina was commissioned on April 09, 2009, a day after the renaming, by His Excellency, Alhaji Umaru Yar’adua, the Late President of Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Umaru Musa Yar’adua University is a well established University with good infrastructure and is significantly ICT driven, meeting the objectives for which it was established.  The momentum of growth and development of the University achieved from its planning has been significantly sustained. The Government of Katsina State continues to provide necessary funding for the sustenance and for keeping the pace of developmental plans of the University.

 

Connect with us