The Academic Planning Unit is responsible for harmonizing and organizing academic policies in an advisory capacity to the Vice Chancellor and other arms of the University in issues related to Resource Planning, Program Planinning, Research and Linkages, Quality Assuarance, Strategic Planning and other matters. It is also charged with the responsibility of collecting, analysing and interpreting all relevant data from other units of the University. The Directorate has the following head of units:
POLICY GOVERNING COLLABORATIONS/LINKAGES WITH EXTERNAL PARTNERS
- All collaborations and linkages must cover the University’s core values of excellence in teaching, learning and research.
- Collaborations entered into must promote knowledge transfer between UMYU and the other party.
- Collaborations and linkage must demonstrate the value of the linkage and the availability and appropriateness of any institutional resources.
- Approval of all collaborations and linkages rests with the Vice Chancellor.
CROSS BORDER EDUCATION PARTNERS
- Centre National E’Energie Solaiva, Niamey, Niger Republic
- University of Commonwealth, Pennsylvania
- University Putra, Malaysia
- Cairo University, Egypt
- Al’Azhar University, Egypt
- Omdurman Islamic University, Sudan
- International University of Africa, Khartoum, Sudan
- University of Malaya, Malaysia
- International Islamic University, Malaysia
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Universiti Sains, Malaysia
- Utara University, Malaysia
- Multimedia University, Malaysia
- Virginia State University, USA
- Katsina State History and Culture Bureau
- Abdoumoumouni University Niamey, Niger Republic.
- University of Tahou, Niger Republic.
- University of Zinder, Niger Republic.
- Dandickko Dankulodo University Maradi, Niger Republic.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Sharda University, Greater Noida India.
- Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet)
SCOPE OF PARTNERSHIP
The scope/objectives of all partnerships listed above are:
- Faculty Exchange.
- Student Exchange.
- Collaborative Research.
- Information Exchange.
- Knowledge sharing through conferences.
- Programme review (expert opinion on new courses).
- Association of African Universities (A.A.U);
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
- Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (F.U.I.W).
- International Association of Universities