The Centre for Renewable Energy Research, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina, in Collaboration with WINROCK International and German Cooperation (GIZ) wish to announce the Professional Training course on “SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC INSTALLATION” The course will be available for a total of 20 participants’ only based on first come first serve basis.
BACKGROUND OF THE COURSE:
Despite the promising nature of solar PV technology, most people were made to believe otherwise, because of what was presented to them by unprofessional PV installers who learnt the art by the road side which in most cases ,causes the system to fail ,some just few weeks after commissioning. With the continuous interest of solar PV technology shown by a teeming populace, it becomes imperative to redeem the industry’s image back to its realistic glory. In this regard the centre organizes a professional training on solar PV installation designed to educate installers the professional way of PV system installation for enhanced system service delivery and full cost recovery.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE:
The course has been designed to meet the requisite knowledge required in the industries and employers in the Nigerian Energy Market. Which include the ability to undertake the following:
- Plan installation work
- Assist/install PV Systems
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintain records required for monitoring
- Observe health and safety regulation
BENEFIT OF THE COURSE
The benefits to be derived by the participants attending this course on short and long term is the possibility to be self-employed, especially with the growing number of solar PV Installations going on in the country under the independent power plant (IPP) Projects initiative of the Federal Government.
ABRIDGED COURSE CONTENT:
In order to meet the objective of the course the following course contents shall be covered:
- introduction to solar photovoltaic
- components and electrical connection
- Basic system sizing
- Site preparation
- Installing a photovoltaic system
- Maintenance and troubleshooting
- Workplace safety and first aid
The course is open to craftsmen and technicians that possess the ability to read and write Basic English and solve basic arithmetic. Must show competence as an electrical installer.
The course will run for 3 weeks commencing from Monday 9th April to Monday, 30th April, 2018.
The cumulative fee per participant is 120,000.00 which covers the following;
- Course Fee
- Lunch and tee Breaks during training sessions
- Personal protection Kits; Helmet, Safety boots, Safety goggles and hand gloves
- Training manuals Hard Copy
- Training bag and writing Materials
- Technical excursion visits