Background of the Course:
The fundamental goal of energy management is to produce goods and services with the least cost and least environmental effects. It was observed with dismay that, significant number of our energy supply projects do not incorporate the concept of energy management to the total project design and operation. This involve the syntheses of the right energy mix portfolio that should guaranty reliable and efficient power supply to a particular domains of energy use. The energy management course would, therefore, enable participants to understand and apply the technicalities involved in the process of energy system optimization. The course has been designed to provide project managers with the necessary skill-set of knowledge and competence for effective service/production management of energy supply to rural and industrial sectors.
Objectives of the Course:
The course has been designed to meet the requisite knowledge required in the industries and employers in the Nigerian Energy Market. Which include the ability to undertake the following;
- Conceive, analyze and recommend energy conservation measures,
- Prepare, present and defend energy supply proposals
- Perform energy supply mix optimization
- implement energy conservation measures
Benefits of the Course:
The benefits to be derived by the participants on successful completion of the training include improving the competence of the participant to serve as energy manager or energy supply project developer.
Abridged Course Content:
In order to meet the objective of the course the following course contents shall be covered:
- General Aspects of Energy Management
- Norms, Codes and Standards
- Energy Efficiency in Industries: Thermal Processes
- Energy efficiency in Industries: Electrical Applications
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings
The course is open to Engineers or Registrable practitioners with a minimum of HND or B.Sc., B.Eng. In Electrical, Mechanical. Graduate of Physics and other relevant Science with a minimum of 5 years relevant Working experience may be considered. A special refresher course has been designed for practitioners in the energy sector who do not possess the requisite qualification in order to enable them join the course.
The course will run for 3 weeks commencing from Tuesday 2nd October to Wednesday, 24th October, 2018.
The cumulative fee per participant is N120,000.00 which covers the following;
- Course Fee
- Lunch and tee Breaks during training sessions
- Personal protection Kits; Helmet, Safety boots, Safety goggles and hand gloves
- Training manuals Hard Copy
- Training bag and writing Materials
- Field Trips and Video Documentary