PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STEPS CAREFULLY BEFORE STARTING YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION
STEP 1: ADMISSION DOCUMENTATION
All new students are expected to have gone through the verification stage.
- Use Google Chrome Browser or Mozilla Firefox to log on to www.umyu.edu.ng/undergraduate_admission_letter
- To print your Admission Letter, click on ‘Print Admission Letter’ link at the left hand side. It is recommended to use a color printer to print your admission letter. Note that you can only print your original admission letter ONCE.
- Click on ‘Print Other Forms’ under the ‘Print Admission Letter’ link to download and Print Student Guarantor Form, Acceptance of Provisional offer of Admission Form and Form 01.
- Fill the forms diligently and proceed to the next step.
STEP 2: PROFILE UPDATE
Before proceeding to this step make sure that you have completed STEP 1 successfully.
- To commence the online registration, go to www.portal.umyu.edu.ng , click ‘New Student Login’, enter your UTME/DE Reg. No and UTME score/DE Password. Click ‘Log on to portal’ under ‘Print Other Forms’ link to open your personalized page.
- Supply all the required information on your personalized page including your most recent passport photograph (Snapped on RED background), signature, email address, home address and phone number.
- Please ensure that all the information supplied above is to the best of your knowledge correct.
- Your recent passport photograph and signature must be legible and in JPEG format less than 100kb in size.
- Ensure you click on the ‘Save Profile’ button at the end of the page to complete your registration.
STEP 3: PAYMENT OF TUITION FEES
Before proceeding to this step make sure you complete STEP 2 successfully.
- The system will automatically redirect you to the payment page immediately you click the ‘Save Profile’ button as described in step 2 above.
- Please choose any of the following payment options to pay your school fees:
- Pay Choice:
Use this option to generate transaction ID to pay cash in any of the following Banks:-
- Fidelity Bank (Nationwide)
- FCMB Katsina Branch
- UBA Katsina Branch
- Union Bank Katsina Branch
- Skye Bank Katsina Branch
- Keystone Bank Katsina Branch
Or use Quickteller by login on to www.quickteller.com/umyu and follow the instructions.
- Payments made at Banks other than Fidelity Bank attract an additional Bank Charge of
- College Pay: Use this option to pay online with your ATM card via the Interswitch Platform.
STEP 4: COURSE REGISTRATION
- Collect your University Email address from the Directorate of ICT (DICT).
- To commence the online Course registration, log on to ‘portal.umyu.edu.ng’ using your university email address collected from the DICT to open your personalized page and register your courses.
STEP 5: SUBMISSION OF REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
Submit two copies of all completed forms, payment receipts, S.S.C.E scratch card and credentials to your department and academic office.
STEP 6: ACCOMMODATION RESERVATION/PAYMENT
Please note that students can only make room (bed-space) reservation after payment of tuition fees.
- To make a room (bed-space) reservation click on ‘Reserve Hostel Room’ link on your portal profile.
- Upon successful reservation, proceed to make payment using any of the payment options above.
- Note that room (bed-space) reservation expires after 48Hrs if payment is not made.
- Accommodation payment attracts an additional
N300.00 Bank Charges.
REGISTRATION EXERCISE TIMELINES FOR THE 2016/2017 SESSION
The following timeline has been approved for the registration of fresh and returning students for the 2016/2017 academic session.
|Issuance of letters of admission/payment||28/12/2016 – 30/01/2017|
|Registration of fresh students begins||28/12/2016 – 30/01/2017|
|Central registration for returning students including Law students to begins||30/01/2017|
|Course registration for returning students including Law students to begins||30/01/2017|
|Normal registration for ALL students ends||10/02/2017|
|Late registration for ALL students begin||13/02/2017|
|Late registration for ALL students ends||17/02/2017|
|Add and Drop||20/02/2017 – 03/03/2017|