PHILOSOPHY AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The philosophy of the programme is to produce high quality library and information science graduates that are well trained in the area of information and communication technology applications in the library and information services which will enable them to become competent to serve effectively and efficiently in all types of libraries, information and documentation centers. In line with the vision of the University, the training of the graduates will be geared towards producing self sustaining, self reliant, innovative and enterprising individuals who will serve the demands of contemporary information age.
The objectives of the programme include:
- To produce high level manpower needed in the field of information service for human development.
- To produce sufficient manpower, well grounded in general knowledge and equipped with the highest level of skills and knowledge in the management and provision of information service.
- To provide a broad and balanced foundation of knowledge and practical skills in library and information science for graduates that will carry out research and development activities in areas of information science.
- To provide training and exposure to graduates that would be suitable for employment in all areas of human endeavors.
- To inculcate the spirit of independent work in the graduates of the programme.