Pre-degree & Remedial Studies
|Musa Abdullahi Yaya FNIM|
|Ag. Director SPRS|
The School of Pre-degree and Remedial Studies of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University Katsina, started operation in the year 2012 with Remedial Studies programme only. By the year 2013 IJMBE Programme started and by 2014 Pre-degree programme was started. Still in the year 2014, Remedial Studies programme commenced. That meant by the year 2014, three programmes were run by the School.
The purpose of the School was to prepare students pass their SSCE O’level, UTME and Advance level IJMBE examinations to enable them gain admission in to 100 or 200 levels accordingly in to any Nigerian tertiary Institution of their choices.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL
- Prepare students towards UTME and IJMBE examinations so as to pass and gain admission in to any chosen tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Prepare students to remedy their ‘O’ level deficiencies.
- Prepare students with technical expertise on National Examinations conducted by WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and IJMBE.
PRINCIPAL OFFICERS OF THE SCHOOL
- CHAIRMAN, SPRS GOVERNING BOARD
- DIRECTOR, SPRS
- DEPUTY DIRECTOR, SPRS
- ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY, SPRS
- ACADEMIC SECRETARY, SPRS
- LIBRARIAN, SPRS
- EXAMINATION OFFICER, SPRS
- ACCOUNTANT, SPRS
- DEPUTY DIRECTOR:
- ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY:
- ACADEMIC SECRETARY:
- EXAMS OFFICER:
The School currently runs only Pre-degree programme for a period of 2 semesters per session. Candidates applying for the programme must possess at least 3 credits in Science subjects and any two passes at ‘O’ level in the other subjects offered in the school.
- Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics.
- Biology, Physics, Mathematics.
- Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics.
The Subjects offered in the School are:
Candidates admitted for the Pre-degree studies must register and pass, at credit level, the WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examinations in the subjects they are deficient.
Candidates must also register for the current year’s UTME and obtain the minimum pass mark approved by JAMB and must choose UMYU Katsina as their first choice.
The Pre-degree programme studies duration is one year of 2 semesters.
To graduate, students of Pre-degree studies must pass all their subjects of study at the school, their ‘O’ level deficiencies and their UTME examinations as per the National cut-off points approved by JAMB.